Just in time for your summer celebration, Michele is sharing a recipe for her irresistible ice cream sandwiches, made with crisp cookies featuring her seasonal Lemon Pistachio granola! We hope you'll give this tasty recipe a try...
Salted Citrus and Summer Berry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yield: 10 ice cream sandwiches
For the cookies:
- 4 oz. salted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- ½ c. tahini
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ T lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 t. sea salt
- ¼ c. Michele’s Lemon Pistachio Granola
- ¼ c. pistachios, roasted & salted, shelled
For the sandwiches:
- 1 qt. strawberry ice cream (we made our own a day ahead of time! Recipe here)
- fresh blueberries for garnish
- In a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream butter, tahini and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing at medium speed for another 5 minutes, adding lemon juice and zest for the final minute.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix with a fork. Grind granola and pistachios in a food processor until fine and stir gently into flour mixture.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture at low speed until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- When it’s about time to bake, preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoonful onto the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- When cookies are cool, place a scoop or 2 of ice cream onto flat bottom of 1 cookie. Add a 2nd cookie on top, pressing down slightly.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and enjoy!