Crunchy whole almonds and rich almond buttery granola chunks combine deliciously with caramelized brown butter plus sweet and salty add-ins in this new classic cookie.
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup butter, salted
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Michele’s Almond Butter Granola, lightly crumbled
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed crinkle-cut potato chips
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Watch as butter melts, starts to bubble, and foam. Whisk frequently. Watch carefully as lightly brown specs begin to form at the bottom of the pan. Once butter is lightly browned and forms a nutty aroma, take butter off the heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl to stop it from cooking further. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, mix the browned butter with the sugars until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolk along with the vanilla extract.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture.
- Fold in granola, potato chips, pretzels, and marshmallows.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, scoop 1 ½ tbsp scoops of cookie dough. Let scoops rest in the refrigerator for about 15 min.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.