This wonderfully citrusy cake is a scrumptious treat to celebrate a special occasion, or to lift your spirits with sunshiny flavor! Our Lemon Pistachio Granola is the secret ingredient in this dessert, adding nutty flavor and tasty texture.
Makes 1 cake, serves 8-10
1 ¼ cups extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing
1 ⅓ cups whole milk
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon zest, plus more for serving
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lavender buds
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
2 Cups Michele’s Lemon Pistachio Granola, lightly crumbled
Optional: Powdered Sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together extra virgin olive oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest lemon juice and lavender buds, lightly crushed with fingers to release oils.
- In another large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, whisking after each addition, until the batter is mostly smooth (some lumps are fine). Add in crumbled granola and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let sit for 30 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack and out of the pan, and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar and more lemon zest if desired.