If sunshine had a taste, it would be our Lemon Pistachio Granola! Elevate a rich and creamy ice cream base with chunks of this sunny granola blend, and an indulgent swirl of homemade granola butter. Make sure to prepare this at least four hours ahead so it has time to freeze.
Makes 8 servings
1 ½ cups Michele’s Lemon Pistachio Granola, divided, plus additional for topping if desired
6-8 tbsp water
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Roughly chop ½ cup of granola. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, make a granola butter: Pulse remaining 1 cup Lemon Pistachio Granola until it resembles coarse sand. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse or blend until it is completely homogeneous. Continue processing, adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time, scraping sides if necessary, until the granola resembles a paste similar to peanut butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream, lemon extract and vanilla paste using a hand blender. Blend until medium peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold in condensed milk.
- In a standard loaf pan (8½" x 4½" x 2½") or ice cream tub, layer ⅓ of the blended cream, swirl in granola butter, and sprinkle reserved ½ cup of chopped granola. Layer until all the cream mixture is used up. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Scoop and enjoy!
Kitchen Tip: Top with more granola for a sweet crunch with a scoop of refreshing lemon pistachio ice cream.