Looking to bake up a taste of autumn? Our seasonal Pumpkin Spice Granola provides wonderful crispy pops of toasty fall flavor in these very special biscotti. Little hands love helping on this recipe--especially with the chocolate dipping!
Makes about 3 dozen.
1/2 cup butter, softened
¾ cup cane sugar plus 2 tsp for sprinkling
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Additional Michele's Pumpkin Spice
A bag of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture. Stir granola into dough, breaking apart any large pieces.
- With lightly floured hands on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray, shape into two 13-in. long x 2-in. wide x ¾ inch thick rectangle. Combine 2 tsp sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle over the rectangles.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Turn up the oven to 375. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Turn and bake 7-10 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Kitchen Tip: Dunk one side of biscotti in melted chocolate and sprinkle with more granola!