Fresh berries add summer sweetness to these breakfast bars, but our oaty, nutty, raisin-filled Toasted Muesli is the real star in the irresistible buttery crumble topping.
Makes 12 bars
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups Michele’s Toasted Muesli, divided
2 sticks salted butter, cold, cut into cubes
3 cups fresh raspberries
3 tbsp cornstarch
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Optional drizzle: ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl combine brown sugar, vanilla, flour, and baking soda. Sprinkle in 3 cups of Muesli.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or hands to form a crumbly mixture.
- Press ½ of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined 13x9” pan.
- In a small bowl, add filling ingredients together and mix until combined.
- Spread raspberry filling on top of crumble, leaving a ½ inch border around the sides.
- Crumble the rest of the topping over the raspberry filling.
- Top with 1 cup muesli.
- Bake for 35-45 min. Top should be lightly browned.
- Let cool completely. If using, melt white chocolate chips over a double boiler, or by heating in microwave in 30-second increments, being careful to avoid burning. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled bars.
- Slice and enjoy!
Kitchen Tip: Swap in any fruit you’d like for the filling! Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries work best.