Happy National Muffin Day! We've got a special recipe to help you celebrate, straight from Michele's home kitchen:
The smell of Cinnamon Raisin granola baking in the Michele’s Granola kitchen is one of the best! You can re-create the incredible aroma--or as we call it, granolaroma--in your home kitchen with these delicious, warmly spiced breakfast muffins.
Cinnamon Raisin Granola Muffins
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 ½ c. Michele’s Cinnamon Raisin granola, divided. Set ½ c aside without raisins
1 T. ground cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
½ c. raisins
4 T. sunflower oil
½ c. oat milk
1 t. vanilla extract
* For vegan muffins, substitute a “flax egg:” 1 T flaxseed meal and 2 ½ T warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, raisins and 1 cup of granola.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and stir in oil, milk and vanilla.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moist.
5. Fill each cup about ¾ full with the batter and top each with the remaining granola (without raisins).
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!