On this National Banana Bread Day, we're excited to share a special recipe for everyone's favorite quick bread featuring our Original granola for an added whole grain punch! This recipe comes not from Michele or one of our bakers, but from our HR manager Kelly, showing once again what a wonderfully multi-talented team we have in our bakery! We hope you'll give this special recipe a try.
Granola Banana Bread
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegan butter, like Miyoko’s or Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten, or 1 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups Michele's Original Granola
- 1/2 cup Michele's Original Granola for topping
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Butter a 4x8 loaf pan or six mini loaf pans.
In a mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir in melted butter (or vegan butter substitute). Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and lastly granola.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining granola on top. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool completely on rack. Slice and serve!