Not only are these Oat & Nut Butter-filled treats simple to make, they're infinitely more delicious than the ubiquitous store-bought version, and you know exactly what's in them! You'll need either a silicone peanut butter cup mold (like this), or mini paper baking cups and a mini muffin tin.
Makes about 18 cups
- 10 ounces of your favorite chocolate (either chips or a bar broken into chunks)
- ½ cup Michele's Original Oat & Nut Butter, well-stirred (Maple Pecan would also work)
- ¼ cup of your favorite Michele’s Granola variety, lightly crumbled by hand
- Flaky salt
- If you're using mini paper baking cups, place them into the cups of a mini muffin tin (this will keep the cups from spreading). If you're using a silicone mold, no need to use a liner in the mold.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler stirring frequently, or place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and melt in 30-second increments, stirring thoroughly to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom of each cup and allow to cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes. If you prefer to fully enrobe the filling with chocolate, use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold/paper cup.
- Then drop about a teaspoon of Michele's Oat & Nut Butter into each cup and top with additional melted chocolate to fill the mold or baking cup.
- If you choose, top the still-warm chocolates with crumbled granola and/or flaky salt.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until solid, about 30 minutes, and they're ready to enjoy!
- Remove the finished treats from the mold or muffin tin, and store the finished chocolates in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.