This no-bake treat is a tasty take on the classic caramel turtle! Fresh, juicy Joolies Medjool dates blended with aromatic cinnamon and vanilla make a naturally sweet base for a topping of chunky granola, a drizzle of rich chocolate and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
Makes 16 Turtles
1 ½ cups of Joolies Dates, pitted
⅛ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ vanilla Bean, split and seeds scraped
½ cup semi- sweet chocolate chips, melted
Sea salt flakes (like Maldon Salt) to your taste
- Using a food processor, process the dates, cinnamon, and vanilla until they are homogenous and have a peanut butter-like consistency.
- Roll the dates into 16 large marble-sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet and using the palm of your hand, press each ball into a rounded mound. (Wet hands with water for easier rolling!)
- Take a granola chunk the size of about 1 tbsp and press it into each date mound.
- Freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Once set, spoon 1 tsp of melted chocolate onto the top of each turtle and sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Place back in the freezer to set for 10 min more.
- Keep turtles in the fridge until ready to eat.