Here at Michele’s Granola, we celebrate Earth today and every day through our commitment to making a positive impact on our society and the environment. We believe that sustainable development is the only way forward. With the three pillars of sustainability in mind, we have developed green practices and community support initiatives to contribute to a healthier planet.
Sustainability at Michele’s Granola
Here are a few actions we’ve taken towards a more sustainable future….
- 100% Green-e certified wind power
- 80% of production waste is recycled
- 100% of food waste is composted.
- Non-GMO Project verified products and 70% organic ingredients by volume
- 100% recyclable corrugated packaging constructed with fibers certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
- Our packing peanuts are biodegradable, made of cornstarch that dissolves on contact with water
- Give One for Good Food® program to support local food production, improve access to healthy food, and provide nutrition education.
- Volunteerism is encouraged through employer-paid volunteer days.
- Partnerships with like-minded local brands
- Consistently created new job opportunities
- Expanded benefits offered to current employees
- 1% of sales are donated to organizations committed to improving our community food systems, so as we grow, so does the amount we are able to donate.
By special contributor Elizabeth Gray, Sales Assistant