We love it when simple ingredients come together to make something even more special than the sum of its parts. That could describe our Apple Cinnamon Toasted Muesli—a uniquely delicious recipe featuring wholesome oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit—or these tender, gently spiced muffins.
Makes 6 large Muffins
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ granulated sugar
1 ½ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp salt
1 cup Michele’s Apple Cinnamon Toasted Muesli, plus additional for sprinkling
Optional: Demerara or turbinado sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt. Fold in the brown and granulated sugars. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, Muesli, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamon, ginger and salt.
- Stirring, combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Scoop into muffin tins and top with additional muesli and a sprinkle of demerara sugar if desired.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.