In my early 20s, I spent a special coastal New England summer waiting tables and devouring fresh-baked granola bars from the neighborhood bakery. When I returned home to Maryland, I missed the granola even more than the beach, and began experimenting with my own homemade cereal.
Granola-making became my favorite hobby, and a weekend job at the farmers market sprouted into a booming business. Ten years later, I am happy to be able to share my crunchy creations so widely with so many happy customers! We haven’t strayed from our small batch roots though. All of our products are still handmade from scratch and hand packaged with love in our Maryland kitchen.
Our commitment to making the very best granola in the very best way possible is not only what sets us apart, it's our reason for being.
Read on to learn more about our special products, company and team!
• MAKE DELICIOUS GRANOLA
Simply put, Michele's Granola is delicious! Our customer tell us time and time again that it is the very best granola they have ever had.
All of our products are handmade in small batches from scratch. YES! Real people mix every batch, bake every pan and quality check every bag before shipping it out for your enjoyment. Our ingredients are clean, simple and wholesome, and our flavors are traditional yet unique. And our kitchen is full of smiles and laughter. Meet our team!
Our products are fresh-baked and have a texture that really sets us apart from other packaged granolas. We invite you to open the beautiful, natural paper package and enjoy crispy, crunchy, flavorful bite after bite. A lot of time, attention and love went in there for you!
• MAKE IT GREEN
We are committed to renewing our Earth’s resources:
- Our bakery facility is powered with 100% wind power certified by Green-e, the most rigorous certification in the renewable energy industry
- We purchase carbon offsets from a regional landfill project to balance the greenhouse gas emissions from our delivery vehicles
- We recycle or compost over 80% of our production materials and compost 100% of our food waste
- We source GMO-free and organic ingredients, locally when we can, to support healthy farming practices and long-term environmental sustainability
- Our corrugated packaging is 100% recyclable and is certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified fiber sourcing certification
- Even the packing peanuts we use to pack your mail order are biodegradable and dissolve on contact with water!
• MAKE IT MATTER
As part of Michele's commitment to creating positive social change through her business, Michele's Granola created the Give One for Good Food® program, through which we donate 1% of all granola and muesli sales to organizations that are leading the way towards a healthier, more equitable food system.
Give One for Good Food® partner projects are producing food locally, improving access to nutritious food, and providing nutrition education to encourage life-long healthy habits.
Our staff, from delivery driver to marketing manager, to bakers and packaging team, takes two employer-paid days a year to volunteer with the non-profit organizations we support, sharing the culinary and business skills we use in our daily work at Michele's Granola with the community!